Other ebook Readers
MAS
2009-07-05 19:54:35 UTC
I have a Samsung I760 and usually listen to books on my phone using TCPMP a
free program or audible. I recently just started reading some book on my
phone and was wondering what you think the best reader is.
A friend of mine told me about Mobipocket which is a free reader. It saves
your place, scrolls and others. Has anyone tried this and what do you think
is the best program to use.

Thank you
Marilene
Beverly Howard
2009-07-06 15:15:28 UTC
was wondering what you think the best reader is. <<
While mobi has been around for a long time and is a good reader, the
reader choice is often driven by the formats the books you want to read
are published with.

Formats are both non standard and often contain drm encryption issues.

As a result, your first search should be for some titles you want to
read, then find out what formats those are in and if they are drm encrypted.

At the moment, the primary encrypted formats are kindle (not yet
available in windows mobile), MSReader and Adobe. Mobi and others also
have encryptions schemas and each format will force using that specific
reader.

Unfortunately, for my reading preferences, I have found very few
unencrypted offerings during the last decade which is a real tree killer.

Beverly Howard
Jack Tingle
2009-07-07 00:28:11 UTC
Post by MAS
I have a Samsung I760 and usually listen to books on my phone using TCPMP
a free program or audible. I recently just started reading some book on
my phone and was wondering what you think the best reader is.
A friend of mine told me about Mobipocket which is a free reader. It
saves your place, scrolls and others. Has anyone tried this and what do
you think is the best program to use.
I have an i760 as well. For books without DRM, I use either Mobipocket
(which will also do their brand of DRM) or microbook (Gower Point Software)
which has a large list of unencrypted formats. Between the two of them, they
cover most of what I need.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Shane Nokes
2009-07-13 06:25:26 UTC
I also have the i760 (wish I could roll back to WM6.0 on it) and I've used
Mobipocket on it to great effect :)

That said though I switched entirely over to a Kindle 2 for reading
purposes.

Since then I have fewer headaches since it's not backlit, the text is
larger, and the contrast isn't as 'glaring'.

That's not to say everyone should rush out and buy one...but it's a much
better reading experience overall.

Oh, and for audiobooks it will also do audible books...Audible being an